Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Little McGhie Family History

The McGhie Family History that I share here was gained through talking to some of you who are members of this group in person, on the phone or online through emails.

As you all know, most people with the name "McGhie" are descendants from common ancestors who were from Scotland. Some of you have told me that there was one particular ancestor from Scotland who came to Jamaica, and just kept on having a whole lot of kids with different women. I guess he must have been the Roaming Romeo of that village.

Another story some of you have told me is that the main ancestor was married and from a very prominent family in town, however he kept having affairs outside of the marriage, and the "bastard kids were not welcome at his family home. So they grew up without their father in their lives. These stories really sound true and practical and make a lot of sense to me. Whatever the real story is and whether or not the rest of you reading this believe it is up to you. I look forward to hearing your family history.

No comments:

Post a Comment